Sheila J. Kelly
- Sole Practitioner
Sheila received her Juris Doctor from William Mitchell College of Law and her BS from St. Mary's University of Minnesota. She is licensed to practice law in the state of Minnesota.
Sheila has extensive experience in the business world and is a US Navy Veteran, where she held a Top Secret Clearance. Sheila is a member of several professional organizations including the Minnesota Bar Association, the Ramsey County Bar Association, Minnesota Women Lawyers, and the White Bear Area Chamber of Commerce.
Sheila has long standing connections to the White Bear Lake Area. She grew up in White Bear Lake, graduated from White Bear Lake High School and lives in White Bear Lake. She is active in her church and community.
Currently she is Chairperson of the St. Mary of the Lake Stewardship Committee, a member of the St. Mary of the Lake Outreach Ministries Committee and past Chairperson of the St. Mary of the Lake Parish Leadership Council. She is a former President of the Villas on Edgerton Homeowners Association. She is a former member of the MN National Healthcare Decisions Day Planning Committee. Sheila also donates her time and skill to other causes such as, Cancer Legal Care, Wills for Heroes and Relay for Life.
Sheila enjoys spending time with her family and participating in church activities. She enjoys traveling, reading, and playing board and card games.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning 60%
- Probate 25%
- Elder Law 15%
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- St. Mary's University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Major: Industrial Technology
- Estate Planning Seminars, Presented to the Public at Various Locations
- Basics of Estate Planning and Probate Law, Ramsey County Bar Association CLE
- Estate Law: Changes in Minnesota Estate Tax Threshold and Gifting, Minnesota Bar Association, Solo and Small Firms CLE
- Medical Assistance and Veterans Benefits Basics,, Ramsey County Bar Association CLE
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers Solo/Small Affinity Group
- White Bear Area Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
Pro Bono Activities
- Cancer Legal Line
- Wills for Heroes
- Director, White Bear Area Chamber of Commerce
- Co-Chair, White Bear Area Chamber of Commerce Women in Business group